Alesmith Speedway Stout Presents Caliente’s 1st Annual Pinewood Derby
April 29 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Ever wish you could go back to Cub Scouts and use all your knowledge you have now to make the best Pinewood Derby Car Ever?? Now’s Your Chance, We bring you the 1st Annual Caliente Pinewood Derby Race. $50 Gets you a car, a flight of 4 variations of Speedway Stout that include these variants: Hammerhead, Nibs & Bean, Vietnamese Coffee and Mokasida Coffee. Your admission also gets you a Pint of Alesmith IPA & A Complementary Pizza, Salad and Wing Buffet, Plus a Chance to win prizes 3,2,1 GO!!!!!!!
You can purchase your ticket at any Caliente Location as well as pick up your car to build!! Prizes will be for Fastest Car, Best Looking Car and Most Unique Car. Overall this is designed to be a FUN event but we must have rules so see below!!
- Car Specifications: Width: – 2-3/4″; Length – 7″; Weight – Not over 5 Ounces; Width between wheels – 1-3/4″; Bottom clearance between car and track – 3/8″
- The car must have been made during the current year (year in which derby is being held) – Cannot use previous years cars – Pinewood Derby Car kits supplied by Caliente at time of ticket purchase.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
- The car shall not ride on springs.
- Only official Cub Scout Grand Prix Pinewood Derby wheels and axles are permitted.
- Only dry lubricant is permitted.
- Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
- The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- Each car must pass inspection by the official Caliente inspection committee before it may compete.
- If, at registration., a car does not pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure, and will be given time within the official weigh-in time period to make the adjustment.
- After final approval, cars will not be re-inspected unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.